Skip links

How can I get my tax debt forgiven?

Unfortunately, the answer is usually no. The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) does not typically forgive tax debts. However, there are a few things you can do to try and reduce or eliminate your tax debt. One of them is to apply for a home equity loan for tax debt. Alpine Credits offers home equity loans to homeowners in Canada who are struggling to pay their tax debt. With a home equity loan, you can borrow money to pay your tax debt and then work with the CRA to create a payment plan that is more manageable for you.

Was this helpful?